Saturday, June 22, 2013

Have a great day Banner

We got a book out of the Library: Sneaky Art



It has been so fun to look at with my daughter and think of the possibilities of what we can do.

There are ideas for painting rocks


There are ideas for bright red spots


There are ideas for little houses and faces and so much more. Check out their website: http://www.sneakyart.com/. I am thinking that we will have to buy our own copy of this fun book.


But my favorite was the idea of leaving little happy banners in sneaky places and since she is going to arts camp I thought it would be perfect for us to start there. The books said to cut out diamonds but I am not much at free cutting and the idea of making a template made me think I needed to do it on my computer which made me think I should use some Urban Wings Artography so I picked one of her cool Graphics pack. This one to be specific:


I could have easily just used her cool elements to decorate but I wanted A to participate so I just made the diamonds using the backgrounds.



After I printed and cut them, A stamped them and then we picked some cool little things to decorate. I picked the flower and the clip. A picked the buttons and the rub-on. I am thinking this would be even cuter with some striped baker's twine but the idea of the book is to use what you have to make someone smile.






We packed it in a little baggy so A can take it on Monday and place it on someone's folder or desk. She gets to pick, and shhh... its a secret! I don't know who will get it but I really do hope they will smile! The washi tape is so she can tape it to wherever she needs to. We tested and it is easily removed from the baggie.


She can't wait...

 
 
and neither can I. I think it turned out adorable and you never know A might be getting a small banner surprise in her lunch box by the end of the week. We will just have to wait and see :)!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. THis is awesome!!! I shared it on pinterest and the Urban Wings Art facebook fan page!!!

    ReplyDelete