Sunday, May 19, 2013

Marcee Duggar Design: Cards

I have had this ongoing want to use Marcee Duggar Designs in cards. I knew it would be simple and quick because her products are perfect for what I had in mind. So when I realized my kids would be doing their last field trip and activity with the group, I wanted to make sure to give a little something to the ladies that have poured so much energy into making a fun year happen.

I didn't have much time (I never do!) so I decided today was the day to make those cards. I used Collage Deluxe Word Art  but Marcee has tons of other products you can use. I also used Collage Blends One for the inside of the cards.



I used Publisher to make the cards because I knew all I wanted was to resize. Marcee's art is beautiful so I knew all I needed was pretty paper. I did end up using to alter some of the blends to fit better on the inside. It was so easy to do and I got it done in less than an hour. If you don't have publisher, you can probably use power point. No need for any fancy computer programs with these.


I ended up using 4 different word art stamps for the front since I knew I wanted to give them a pack of 4 cards. All I did was set up guides and place these stamps on the page.


 

For the inside, I had to think a little more. I knew I wanted them blank but still wanted something pretty so I took out the collage blends and added a verse to each card. In publisher you add a second page and then print double sided. Here is a sample of two of them.  The frame is from Collage Art Graphic Pack.



Like I said I used pretty paper. I used 3 different types: Kraft cardstock, peach textured cardstock  and regular beige paper. I love how they all turned out but my favorite is the peach one. I matched them with Kraft envelopes, glassine envelopes and regular cream envelopes. I was originally going to make just two sets but when they turned out so lovely I made another set to have ready for a gift.


So for today Happiness is all I am feeling.



 Oh and this is what the cute packages looked like (more on the tags later):

No comments:

Post a Comment